Intellectual Property Rights and Development workshop at the Library of Alexandria
I will be talking at the Intellectual Property Rights and Development workshop at the Library of Alexandria from 27 - 28 September 2009.
The workshop aims to give basic information about intellectual property, focusing on the latest topics on access to health and medicine in relation to intellectual property rights.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to intellectual property laws, and their impact on social and economic development
- Definitions, and topics covers by IPRs
- International treaties on IPR: Berne, Paris, TRIPS, and the international organizations involved: WIPO, WHO, WTO..
- IPR as a tool for development, and flexibilities for developing countries
- Access to health and medicine in relation to IPR
- Latest international negotiations in Geneva and other international fora on Intellectual Property related issues
For more information about the workshop, check this website.