Copyright Protection in the Digital Age workshop at the Library of Alexandria
I will be talking at the Copyright Protection in the Digital Age workshop at the Library of Alexandria from 29 September - 1 October 2009 in Alexandria, Egypt
This workshop will focus on copyright issues and the new tools to access and disseminate knowledge in the Arab countries.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to copyright laws, definitions, international treaties and works protected by copyright
- The World Intellectual Property Organization and its Development Agenda proposed by developing countries in 2004
- New tools to access and disseminate knowledge: Creative Commons licenses, Free and Open Source Software and open access
- Creative Commons licenses in the Arab world
- Licensing in the digital age
- The protection of software and databases
For further information about the workshop, check this website.